February 18, 2015
Dear Clients, Friends and Colleagues:
David Farrell Presents “Business Growth Strategies Sessions at XPX: Securing the Right Capital vs. Any ole’ Capital”
We are pleased to announce that David Farrell presented “Business Growth Strategies Sessions at XPX: Securing the Right Capital vs. Any ole’ Capital” at TeqCorner, 1616 Anderson Road, McLean, Virginia on February 18, 2015, as hosted by The Exit Planning Exchange Association (“XPX”).
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Business Growth Strategies Sessions at XPX:
Securing the Right Capital vs. Any ole’ Capital
The saying goes that cash is king. But, is all cash and funding the same? Our panel will begin the morning’s session with a discussion of the impact financing decisions can have on the valuation of an owner’s business, what you need to do to prepare for and also expect during the course of raising cash, and the future ability of your business to raise additional funds. We will also ask the XPX professional membership to submit specific questions from their guests in advance of the meeting so the interest of Owner’s Academy guests can be discussed by our panel of industry experts.
Who Should Attend: Local business owners seeking professional advice.
Topics we anticipate addressing include:
- Many follow organic growth, how and when should you consider acquisitive growth strategies? What are some of the issues you should consider when evaluating if you should get involved in acquisitions, what is the net resulting value of one strategy versus the other? How and who should I put on my team to help evaluate my business and the strategic options?
- How should you decide whether to raise funds on your own or engage a professional to help? What should you ask the candidates when interviewing and evaluating the professionals?
- Are bank provided funds always the best source of funds? If you could access funds + obtain strategic input from an advisor with significant operational or target market experience, how would you evaluate if that provided you a better “deal?”
- How can you evaluate your business and growth strategy from the perspective of a potential investor so when you ask them to “Show me the Money,” you get the check on competitive terms plus an invaluable advisory relationship.
- Preparation: What do I do prior to heading out to share my “story” aka pitch?
- Avoiding VLUs – Value Limiting Utterances.
- The Process: Managing expectations. Proper structuring of the capital deal. How long will this take? When do I see my money? “I just received a 60 page legal doc???”
- How does my personality and presentation skill impact my ability to obtain funding?
XPX Owner’s Academy Panel of Experts:
Moderator: Eddie Tuvin, Wells Fargo Business Banker;
Economic Advisor, Vault Ventures, LLC