David Farrell President
- The Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales (Qualified as Chartered Accountant and in Corporate Finance).
- Member of Association of Insolvency & Restructuring (“AIRA”).
- Membership Committee, Association of Corporate Growth (“ACG”), National Chapter.
- Board Member and Former Treasurer, Higher Achievement.
- Board Member and Treasurer, National Capital Poison Center.
- Board Member and Treasurer, Capital for Children.
David Farrell has over twenty years of experience in Transaction Advisory Services (buy-side and sell-side due diligence and carve-outs) and Restructuring & Business Reengineering either as a consultant (Partner and Managing Director) at Big 4 (KPMG), international consulting practices (FTI Consulting) and national accounting firms (Cherry Bekaert, a Baker Tilly network firm) or as principal (CFO or Strategic roles) at European listed and Management Buy-Out (“MBO”) businesses, covering both the strategic as well as the transactional side of the business, with deep knowledge of the U.S., European and emerging markets. Among David’s achievements are:
- Led over 140 transactions with revenue exceeding $68 billion across multiple sectors and countries with companies ranging from small to very large, from family owned to publicly listed, from local to multinational corporations.
- Significant experience in technology and telecommunications, government contracting and defense, manufacturing (industrials), distribution, asset rental, residential construction, health and energy, franchise and business service sectors.
- Performed over 31 significant U.S. engagements (e.g., buy-side due diligence, business diagnostics and performance improvement) in the government contracting sector including multi-million dollar performance improvement engagement to multi-billion global government services provider in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives.
- Extensive experience helping companies improve their performance by increased efficiency, better control of their working capital, reduced cost of production/delivery of service and by focusing on their profitable parts of their business.
- Led over 23 significant creditor and debtor side restructuring and business diagnostic engagements (revenues in excess of $14B) assisting SunTrust (LandAmerica), Bank of America, Lewis & Bockius, counterparties of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Landis Rath & Cobb, and Kodak with their strategic options.
- Led and performed three major sell-side and carve out consulting engagements for Sara Lee, BP and Delphi.
- Served in multiple CFO and strategic roles at corporate head offices with a focus on M&A (20 transactions), performance improvement, merger integration, carve outs of non-core businesses and alignment of management’s remuneration with shareholders’ objectives.
- Included within his significant experience in over 45 IT M&A transactions, David managed the disposal of a European listed company, with over $500 million of revenue in technology and financial services businesses, the repurchase (and subsequent sale of several businesses) of the technology group of businesses via a Management Buy-Out vehicle and a reverse take-over of a AIM listed technical training business.