Ellen Lerche Tax
- Certified Public Accountant through the State of Maryland.
- Graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park
Ellen Lerche, a licensed CPA, has over 25 years experience in tax. Ellen is presently a Director at Saggar & Rosenberg, P.C. and before that worked as a Tax Director at McGladrey LLP, as a Tax Manager of American Express Tax & Business Services, Inc. and as a Tax Manager in the corporate tax department of GEICO, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway.Ellen has worked closely with companies of various sizes from startups to companies with over $1 billion in revenue. Ellen has experience in a wide variety of industries but has focused primarily on the government contracting industry. Ellen has expertise in the following key areas:
- Tax return supervision, review and preparation for C corporations, S corporations, Consolidated groups, Partnerships, Individuals and property taxes, for a wide variety of companies, including government contractors, high technology companies, manufacturing companies, publishing companies, and insurance companies.
- Tax provision supervision, review and preparation for GAAP basis financial statements, including provisions related to FIN48 Liabilities for Uncertain Tax Positions.
- Mergers & Acquisition transactions, including associated tax compliance, tax planning, projections and structuring.
- State tax planning, including nexus issues and revenue sourcing issues/opportunities.
- Representation on IRS and/or State tax audits.