- Evaluate growth challenges and opportunities facing the business and then:
- Identify and quantify risks associated with business models and market entry strategies.
- Develop an M&A strategy ‘road-map’.
- Develop screening criteria to identify attractive acquisition targets.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research.
- Develop clear and actionable recommendations on priority targets.
- Develop a clearly articulated rationale for pursuing a specific target.
- Structure the acquisition.
- Develop a preliminary financial model.
- Understand variables impacting deal value so that the company does not over pay for the acquisition.
Deal Execution (1 of 2)
- Analyze and evaluate:
- The drivers, risk factors and significant patterns in the historical performance.
- Quality and sustainability of earnings (“Quality of Earnings”).
- Projected financial performance and underlying sensitivities.
- Deal’s accretive/dilutive impact on acquirers earnings.
- Working capital including seasonality, closing and projected levels.
- Net assets & off balance sheet liabilities.
- Debt & debt like items.
- Tax compliance and structuring.
- Identify relevant integration or “stand alone” challenges.
- Evaluate interim performance between initial diligence and close.
- Project manage other due diligence teams (e.g., tax, HR, insurance, commercial, operations, IT/back-office, valuation, regulatory and compliance, contracts and legal).