Peter Wallace Manufacturing and Performance Improvement
- B.ENG. (Hons.) in Manufacturing and Operational Research Engineering.
- Leadership: Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst and former British Army Officer.
- Lean Enterprise Institute, member.
- Society of Automotive and Aerospace Engineers, member
- Board Member and Former Treasurer, Voices For a Second Chance.
- Board Member British Soldiers Fund.
- Board Member and Treasurer Grace Episcopal Church, Georgetown.
Peter Wallace has over twenty years of experience in delivering solutions to operational and strategic challenges for multi-national business as a consultant, Board member and as a President. Peter has deep expertise in leading growth, turnaround, business process development, quality improvement and post merger integration, particularly in manufacturing of plastics, automotive, building (window profiles), appliance and food processing parts. Among Peter’s achievements are:
- 76% revenue growth at Tier 1 automotive supplier. Peter developed and implemented a 3-year strategic plan using innovative proactive cross functional business development process which resulted in doubling the customer base, adding 5 new complimentary product segments and revenue growth of 76% from $84 million to $148 million.
- Restructuring of plastics business in the economic crisis. Peter secured buy-in from owners, customers, and the group board for a plan, as an alternate to exiting the North American market. Peter achieved break-even within 9 months from losses of $10 million in 2007.
- Performance improvement at a multi-site (i.e., Canada, U.S. and Mexico) automotive and (building) window profile manufacturer with $300 million of revenue. Peter initiated and led a lean enterprise implementation based on Toyota Production System. Peter successfully instilled a culture of continuous improvement and realized annualized cost savings of $5 million in the first year.
- Streamline global operations in multi-national family owned business. Peter planned, secured buy-in from stockholders and implemented significant organizational change, from regional organization model to global functional organization. Peter reduced global overhead of $10 million by $3 million, streamlined customer relationships and halved internal decision-making time.
- Integrated acquired global operations with $750 million of revenue. Peter defined global vision and mission statements and global best practice business process procedures based on lean principles, including an innovative roll out process, to ensure rapid adoption and sustainability. Peter achieved strategic and tactical alignment between the regions, reduced “things gone wrong” by 80% and developed strong team spirit across the functions.
- Project manage development of innovative new products. Peter led international cross functional project teams to quote, design and develop, validate and launch over 150 new products and systems with annual revenue exceeding $1 billion. Through continuous improvement in processes, the company consistently delivered results on time, under budget, at the right quality level, and better than planed profitability.