David Farrell has over twenty years of experience in Transaction Advisory Services (buy-side and sell-side due diligence and carve-outs) and Restructuring & Business Reengineering either as a consultant (Partner and Managing Director) at Big 4 (KPMG), international consulting practices (FTI Consulting, Farrell Advisory) and national accounting firms (Cherry Bekaert, a Baker Tilly network firm) or as principal (CFO or Strategic roles) at listed and Management Buy-Out (“MBO”) businesses, covering both the strategic as well as the transactional side of the business, with deep knowledge of the U.S., European and emerging markets.
Among David’s achievements are:
- Led over 170 transactions with revenue exceeding $70 billion across multiple sectors and countries with companies ranging from small to very large, from family to private equity owned to publicly listed, from local to multinational corporations. Significant experience in government contracting and defense, technology and telecommunications, manufacturing (industrials), distribution, asset rental, health and energy, franchise and business service sectors.
- Performed over 44 significant U.S. engagements (e.g., buy-side due diligence, litigation support (working capital and earn-outs), preparation for sale, business diagnostics and performance improvement) in the government contracting sector including multi-million dollar performance improvement engagement to multi-billion global government services provider in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives. Clients included BAE Systems (United Defense), DynCorp/Cerberus, Arlington Capital, LBC (Vistronix), The Gores Group, The Halifax Group, Bank of America, SunTrust and Regions.
- Served in multiple CFO and strategic roles at corporate head offices with a focus on M&A (20 transactions), performance improvement, merger integration, carve outs and disposal of non-core businesses and alignment of management’s remuneration with shareholders’ objectives.
- Led 28 creditor and debtor side restructuring and business diagnostic engagements (revenues in excess of $17B) assisting SunTrust (LandAmerica), Bank of America, Lewis & Bockius, counterparties of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Landis Rath & Cobb, and Kodak with their strategic options.
- Included within his significant experience in over 59 IT M&A transactions, David managed the disposal of a European listed company, with over $500 million of revenue in technology and financial services businesses, the repurchase (and subsequent sale of several businesses) of the technology group of businesses via a Management Buy-Out vehicle and a reverse take-over of a AIM listed technical training business.
- Prepared and advised several companies for sale or investment where I proactively assessed all parts of the businesses and helped business or private equity owners prepare (plan and assist management with implementation) their business for growth and/or sale and maximize their potential sales valuation (and more importantly maximize net proceeds after tax) given the owners very individualized timescale and operational and investment objectives. These exercises included liaising with multiple advisors (e.g., investment bankers, attorneys, tax and wealth advisors), preparing data rooms and management, negotiating and liaising with third party investors.
- Led and performed three major sell-side and carve out consulting engagements for Sara Lee, BP and Delphi.
David has dual
U.S. and U.K. nationality and is a qualified Chartered Accountant and in
- The Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales (Qualified as Chartered Accountant and in Corporate Finance).
- Member of Association of Insolvency & Restructuring (“AIRA”).
- Board Member and former Chairman and Treasurer, Capital for Children.
- Board Member and Treasurer, National Capital Poison Center.
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Higher Achievement.